How do I get rid of household hazardous waste?
The Ingham County Health Department offers free collections of Hazardous Household Waste which include the following substances:
- Pesticides
- Oil paint and paint products (thinners, solvents, varnish)
- Photographic chemicals
- Cleaners and polishers, gasoline, and other flammables
- Aerosols
- Home repair products (glues, cements)
- Wood preservatives
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats)
- Asphalt and roofing tar
- Acids and bases (pool chemicals)
- Automotive products

Contact the -Ingham County Health Department at 517-887-4312 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Why wasn't my trash picked up?
2. How do I get rid of household hazardous waste?
3. What should I do with my CFL light bulbs?
4. Does the City pick up Christmas trees?
5. How can I learn about composting?
6. Can I have a backyard compost pile in the City of Lansing?
7. Where can I get an affordable compost bin?
8. What if I have excess materials that will not fit in my recycling cart?
9. Where can I take my plastic bags that I get from grocery stores?
10. I am moving. What do I do with my recycling cart?
11. What can I put in my recycling cart? How do I get a recycling cart?
12. I change the oil in my personal vehicles. Where can I take my used oil for recycling?
13. My neighbor has left their trash or recycling at the curbside for an extended period of time. How do I report this?