FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: PRIMARY CONTACT: Natalie Singer
November 5, 2020 517-483-4527
SECONDARY CONTACT: Alec Malvetis
UPDATE: N. Grand River Avenue to be Closed for Road Work UPDATE: This road closure planned for tomorrow, November 6, is being cancelled because the City's contractor is able to complete the necessary road re-paving without detouring traffic.
The City of Lansing Public Service Department announces that during the daytime hours on Friday, November 6, 2020, N. Grand River Avenue will be closed to all traffic at the Grand River Bridge for asphalt paving in the roadway.
This single-day closure will begin at 6:00 a.m. with reopening of the roadway expected by 6:00 p.m.
Access to businesses adjacent to the construction zone will be maintained throughout the duration of the road closure.
Detours will be provided (see map and descriptions below).
- East on E. Grand River Avenue to Turner Street
- North on Turner Street to North Street
- West on North Street to N. Grand River Avenue / Bus. 96
- East on North Street to Turner Street
- South on Turner Street to E. Grand River Avenue
- West on E. Grand River Avenue (back to N. Grand River Avenue)
Drivers are advised to expect delays and to seek alternate routes.
For additional information, please contact the City of Lansing Public Service Department at 517-483-4455.