Mobile Food Pantry
The City of Lansing Human Relations and Community Services Department and the Greater Lansing Food Bank announces the Mobile Food Pantry! The Mobile Food Pantry will be distributing free, fresh and non-perishable food items to Lansing residents.
If you or someone you know must choose between buying food and filing prescriptions or paying bills, please tell them about this important program.
Drive-Through Pantry Details
- Date: Saturday, May 15, 2021
- Registration Time: 7 a.m. for vehicles to line up
- Distribution Time: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (or until the food runs out)
- Where: Cristo Rey Catholic Church
201 W. Miller Rd.
Lansing, MI 48911
Who can participate?
- Anyone in financial hardship in need of food, especially due to the pandemic
- Senior citizens on fixed incomes
- Families/individuals who have recently lost jobs
- Residents in the City of Lansing
Protective measures to be taken:
- The Mobile Food Pantry will be a "Drive-through" service
- Families will not congregate inside the church premises and restrooms will not be available
- Proper identification will be required - a government issued ID or mail with your name and address
- Volunteers will conduct household registrations at car side
- Volunteers will load pre-packed boxes of dry goods, produce, and frozen products into trunks/hatchback, so please make room
- Traffic control will be implemented and enforced
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 please stay home and arrange for someone to bring your identification and a note allowing them to pick up food for you.
Note: This offering is for City of Lansing residents. All participants must bring a valid state identification card, driver's license, or other proof of residency in the City of Lansing.
The following month's Drive-Through Mobile Food Distribution event will be on June19th at Tabernacle of David. June 2021 Flyer
For more information, call (517) 908-3680.
If you need help with food today, contact the United Way 2-1-1 Emergency Resource Lookup to locate the nearest food resources. Contact them by dialing 2-1-1 or their toll free phone number: 1-866-561-2500.