Property Tax Information
Important Property Tax payment information
Treasurer's Office at City Hall remains closed to the public in response to Covid 19 State of Emergency order.
2020 Property Taxes
Summer 2020 property taxes were mailed July 1st; due August 31st. Our office is closed to the public by the State of Emergency declaration. There is a variety of payment options available to ensure that your payment is on time.
Payments must be in our office by 5:00 p.m. on August 31st to be considered on time. Please allow 10-14 days for mail delivery before requesting a duplicate tax bill. Click here to view your tax bill.
Email your property tax questions
Information regarding 2019 and prior years is available on our Delinquent Property Tax Information page.
Property Tax Calculation
- Multiplying the taxable value (per 1,000) of the property by the millage rates
- Multiply total by 1% for the administration fee, add to the total
- Add any special assessments, recycling fee and/or any miscellaneous charges
Types of Property Tax: Real & Personal
- Home owners are typically responsible for real property tax
- Real property tax bills begin with 23, 33, 91, 96 or 97
- Business owners located in Lansing may be responsible for real and personal property tax
- 90 - Personal Property tax bills
- 94 - OPRA tax bills
- 95 - Industrial Facility tax bills
Summer Tax Information
- Mailed on July 1st of each year - Due August 31st of that year
- Any outstanding balance at September 1st will receive a 1-time penalty of 3%
- Any outstanding balance as of October 31st will be placed on the winter tax bill
Winter Tax Information
- Mailed on December 1st of each year - Due on February 14th of the following year
- Any outstanding amount at February 15th will receive a 1-time penalty of 3%
- March 1st: Outstanding real property tax amounts will be sent to the appropriate County as delinquent for continued collection efforts