Board of Ethics
- 5:30 p.m.
- The 2nd Tuesday of each month
- South Washington Office Complex
2500 S Washington,
City Clerk Election Unit Conference Room
Lansing, MI 48910
- Minutes and Agendas
The Board of Ethics consists of 8 members - 4 members are appointed by the City Council, 1 from each city ward, and 4 are appointed by the Mayor. The City Attorney assists and advises the Board and the City Clerk serves as Recording Secretary to the Board and provides such administrative services as may be necessary. Current members are:
MembersLink to Listing of Members of Boards Authorities and Commissions (PDF)
To Contact The Board
Board OverviewIn order to provide an orderly procedure for consideration and review of the issues, which may arise concerning questions of standards of conduct for public officers and employees, a Board of Ethics is created by the City Charter.
The City of Lansing Ethics Manual (PDF)
provide information to City officers and employees about standards of conduct, protection of the public interest, and conflict of interest. It also explains how an officer or employee can receive assistance from the Board of Ethics.
The Board deals with:
- Statements of Financial Interests (PDF), which are required to be filed annually by each elected and appointed officer of the City
- Affidavits of Disclosure (PDF), which must be filed by City officials and employees under certain circumstances
- Ethics Complaints which are filed with the City Clerk's Office
- Article 5, Chapter 5 of the Lansing City Charter
Rules of Procedure