City Council 2021
The Michigan Department of Health & Human Services has issued work orders adding COVID restrictions for work places. Because of that determination, Mayor Schor has determined City facilities will remain closed to the public at this time.
On January 12, 2021 Mayor Schor moved all City offices to four (4) day work weeks through March 12, 2021. City Council staff will be working remotely through this period, and are making every attempt to accommodate staffing their offices five (5) days a week. All emails and phone messages received throughout the day will be responded to regularly 8-5, M-F. To reach Council directly you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE CONTINUE TO WATCH OUR WEBSITE FOR UPDATES.
The meetings are being held virtually in accordance with the Open Meetings Act, as amended, in an effort to protect the health and safety of the public. Please see the Agenda Center page for details the week before each meeting.
- 124 W Michigan Avenue
Tony Benavides Lansing City Council Chambers, 10th Floor of City Hall
- Live CityTV Channel for City Council Meetings and other CityTV programming
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Kathie Dunbar, At-Large Council Member
Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Peter Spadafore, At Large Council Member Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Patricia Spitzley, At-Large Council Member Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Carol Wood, At Large Council Member Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Brandon Betz, 1st Ward Council Member Term January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2023
- Jeremy Garza, 2nd Ward Council Member Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Adam Hussain, 3rd Ward Council Member
Term Expires: December 31, 2023
- Brian T. Jackson, 4th Ward Council Member Term Expires: December 31, 2021
Link to Ward & Precinct Map
The City of Lansing's mission is to ensure quality of life by:
- Promoting a vibrant, safe, healthy and inclusive community that provides opportunity for personal and economic growth for residents, businesses and visitors
- Securing short and long term financial stability through prudent management of city resources.
- Providing reliable, efficient and quality services that are responsive to the needs of residents and businesses.
- Adopting sustainable practices that protect and enhance our cultural, natural and historical resources.
- Facilitating regional collaboration and connecting communities.