- Collection Days & Routes
- Trash Cart, Trash Bag & Bulk Item Services
- Recycling Services
- Yard Waste Services
- Calendar, Holidays & Events
- Recycling Education & Outreach
- Information and Resources
- Common Questions
- Pay Bill Online
- Contact Us
- Return to Public Service Department Page
Grass cycling simply means leaving the clippings on the lawn after mowing. Grass cycling returns valuable nutrients to the soil, saves the time and effort of bagging the clippings and minimizes the expense of curbside collection.
Grass clippings do not cause thatch! Clippings are about 85% water and contain a great deal of nitrogen. Thatch is the remains of the woody portions of the grass plants and is often the result of over-fertilizing and excessive watering.