- Navigating the City
- Lansing River Trail
- Bicycle Friendly Community
- Construction Projects
- Notifications & Communication
- CART: Capital Area Trash and Recycling
- Wet Weather Control Program
- Combined Sewer Overflow Project
- Basement Backup Protection Program
- Swish the Fish
- Contact Us
Winter Sidewalk Snow Removal
It is the property owner's responsibility to remove snow from sidewalks after a snow event.
- Our City requires that snow and ice be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowfall has ended.
- A violation notice may be left at property if the sidewalk is not clear. Notice is a reminder that will allow for an additional 24 hours to clear snow and ice.
- If you do not clear your public sidewalk it may result in the City clearing it at the owner’s expense (minimum $149).
The City is held to the same standards and responsibility as residents. We have over 300 sites that we are responsible for clearing within 24 hours after the end of a snow event. Neighbors rely on sidewalks being clear of snow and ice so that it’s easy to get around safety. Also, remember not to park overnight on City streets and to please avoid pushing snow from private driveways or parking lots into the street.
Please contact the Public Service Department at 517-483-4455, if you have any questions.