- About City Clerk Chris Swope
- City Council Meetings
- Charter & Ordinances
- Documents Placed on File
- Business Licenses
- Board of Ethics
- Contact Us
Extended Hours In-Person Absentee Voting
Extended Hours and Weekend In-Person Absent Voting Opportunities - Sunday, Oct. 26, Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014 and Wednesdays until 7 p.m. in Oct.
As part of an effort to make voting as easy as possible, City of Lansing voters may vote an absentee ballot in person beyond regular office hours.
When: Wednesday Oct. 8 5 pm to 7pm,
Wednesday Oct. 15 5 pm to 7pm,
Wednesday Oct. 22 5 pm to 7 pm
Sunday, October 26 12 noon to 4 pm,
Wednesday Oct. 29 5 pm to 7pm
Saturday, November 1 8 am to 2 pm
Where: South Washington Office Complex (SWOC) Elections Unit –
Located in the rear building entrance, enter gates on the right side
2500 S. Washington, Lansing 48910
(517) 483-4393 Fax
(The building, which formerly housed the National Guard headquarters, is south of Mt. Hope and next to Washington Park; go to the back of the building through the gates on the right side
WHY: A voter may request an absent voter’s ballot for any of the following six reasons:
1. Being 60 years of age or older,
2. Physically unable to attend the polls without assistance of another,
3. Is an appointed precinct worker in a precinct other than the precinct where the voter lives,
4. Expects to be absent from the community in which the voter is registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day,
5. Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of the voter’s religion, or
6. Cannot attend the polls because the voter is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
“I want to give Lansing residents every opportunity possible to cast their ballot,” said Chris Swope, Lansing City Clerk. “That’s why we’re pleased to offer in-person absentee voting for Lansing residents on two weekend days.”
Clerk Office locations in both Lansing City Hall and the South Washington Office Complex will also be open for Absentee Voting from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays after October 6. Absent voter ballots issued after 2 p.m. on Saturday, November 1 can not be taken out of the Clerk's Office. Absent voter ballots may not be issued after 4 p.m. on Monday, November 3.