Free Tax Return Preparation
- For families with $47,000 and less in income, please call 211 for VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) services. Your Federal, State and City returns will be prepared by IRS trained preparers.
- Please note, you will still need to file a City tax return.
E-Filed Returns: For 2012 tax returns, the City will accept e-filed returns from professional preparers only
Professional and Software Prepared Tax Returns
For Professional Tax Preparers and those using software to prepare returns, the City uses the Common Form (CF). Please review your form completely before printing and submitting. Changes made to the form after printing is not contained in the coding and may not be reflected once received.
Non-Software Prepared Tax Returns
Please click on the links below for the non-software prepared tax returns.
Prior Year Tax Return Filing
If you are filing for any prior year, please use the current year form; cross out the year printed on the form and enter the year for which your are filing.
In order to view the City of Lansing Tax Forms you MUST have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Acrobat Reader you can download it for free from the Adobe web site.
Once you have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, you will be able to view all of the Tax Forms offered on this web site. If you have any further questions please contact us at (517) 483-4114.
Income tax forms both for residents and non-residents can be obtained during tax season at these locations:
- On-Line Forms
- First Floor lobby of City Hall - 124 W. Michigan Avenue
- Lansing Capital Area District Library - 401 S. Capitol Avenue
- By Mail - please call 517.483.4114