- Current Traffic Advisories
- CART: Capital Area Trash and Recycling
- Biking and Walking the City
- SeeClickFix and Nixle
- Wet Weather Control Program
- CSO Project
- Basement Backup Prevention Program
- The Construction Observer
- Contact Us
The Infrastructure and Environment group (IEG – Engineering) facilitates the maintenance and reconstruction of our city streets infrastructure by designing all street construction activity.
The Lansing street system consists of:
- 107 miles of major streets
- 303 miles of local streets approximately
- 989 lane miles total
Our street system is managed by using our Asset Management Plan, a tool to asses current street conditions, set target funding levels, identify candidate projects, set priorities, develop a multi-year program, and report results.
In 2013, the engineering division oversaw the improvement of 5.93 miles of streets. The included 2.63 miles of major streets and 3.30 miles of local, adding a combined total of 14 lane-miles years to the street network.