- Sign-up for Traffic Advisories
- CART: Capital Area Trash and Recycling
- Biking and Walking the City
- SeeClickFix and Nixle
- Wet Weather Control Program
- CSO Project
- Basement Backup Protection Program
- The Construction Observer
- Contact Us
The Infrastructure and Environment Group (IEG – Engineering) designs and monitors maintenance and reconstruction of our city streets.
The Lansing street system consists of:
- 107 miles of major streets
- 303 miles of local streets approximately
- 989 lane miles total
Streets are managed through the Asset Management Plan.
- Assesses current street conditions (PASER Rating)
- Set target funding levels
- Identify possible projects
- Set priorities
- Develop multi-year program
- Report results
In 2013, the engineering division oversaw the improvement of 5.93 miles of streets. This included 2.63 miles of major streets and 3.30 miles of local, adding a combined total of 14 lane-miles years to the street network.