Due to extreme heat conditions, Lansing Emergency Management has announced that cooling centers in the Lansing region will be open on Thursday, July 21st through Saturday, July 23rd.

Where Michigan Works!

City of Lansing

Welcome. Please contact me if I can help you in any way.

-Mayor Virg Bernero

Mayor Virg Bernero
Text Size:

Special Events Planning back

Serve Alcohol

If you plan on serving liquor or beer as a part of your event, You must fill out a ‘City of Lansing Application for City Approval of Beer/Wine sales in City Parks’. In addition, you need apply for a Michigan Liquor Control Commission Application for special License for Sale of Beer and Wine. A copy of this license will be given to the City.
You must also supply the City a site map indicating where the alcohol sales will take place and proof that you have acquired the necessary insurance.
If the sales are on a street (truck lines), the State of Michigan requires proof that the sale has been approved by the City – copy of the approved Lansing Application for City Approval of Beer/Wine Sale.

Ph: 517-483-4276 - Carol Munroe
Special Event Permit Application

Download and submit the Special Event Permit Application to apply for a special event permit. 

By submitting your request does not guarantee your event will be approved. All requests are subject to event day availability.