Thank you for choosing the City of Lansing as the location for your Special Event
The City of Lansing is host to over 250 events yearly.
Significant coordination is required to make sure such an event is safe and enjoyable for everyone from beginning to end. That is why it is very important to open communications with the event applicant early and often. The City of Lansing and its Partners believe our support staff is second to none and in an effort to continue providing such excellent service we have developed the SEPA online application. Below is an example of events that require a SEPA form
- Festival on a street or in a City park or parking lot
- Street Closure
- Neighborhood Event
Special Event Permit Application Form
Special Event Applications must be emailed to email@example.com. Submitting an Application by email does not guarantee your event is approved or the application is complete. Applications cannot be submitted electronically via this website.......Applications can be downloaded.
Please contact 517.483.4276
Submitting your request does not guarantee your event will be approved. All requests are subject to event day availability.
- Application MUST be submitted at least 90 days before the date of the event to avoid a financial penalty.
- Application fee and supporting documentation MUST be received by the City within 10 days of SEPA submission.
- The application fee for forms submitted 90 days or more from event is $100.
- Forms that are submitted less than 90 days but greater than 60 days is $200.
- Forms that are submitted less than 60 days but greater than 30 days is $400.
- No applications will be accepted less than 30 days from the date of the event.