- Plan & Dev Home
- Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs
- Housing Repair Emergencies
- Lead Safe Lansing
- Priority Areas
- Historic Preservation Program
- Down Payment Assistance
- Home Buyer Program
- Hold On To Your Home
- Homeownership Initative
- Protect Yourself From Mortgage Fraud
- Other Related Programs
- New Developments in Lansing
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program
- Proposed CDBG-R
- NSP 1 Quarterly Reports
- Fair Housing Documents
- Contact Us
Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs
Each year homeowners who own and occupy their own single family home receive assistance from the City. Loans are provided to low and moderate income city residents to address code related and other rehabilitation needs.
You may qualify for the Single Family Rehabilitation Programs if all four of the requirements are met:
- You live in your home as owner/occupant. The structure cannot be used for rental purposes.
- Your home is not located in the flood plain (call 483-4066 M-F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM to get flood plain information).
- Your house payments, property insurance, and property taxes are paid up to date.
- Your total household income is not greater than the income guideline for the applicable household size.
- It includes income received for the support of minor children, such as social security, child support, etc.
- You do not have to include income earned by dependant, full-time students over the age of 18, or income earned by children under the age of 18.
- This does not apply if the 18+ year-old student does not live with their legal guardian.
- Proof of full-time student status must be provided in order to have any income earned by this household member deducted from the total annual household income.
Home repairs are completed by independent contractors who are licensed and insured. Contractors are selected after a sealed bid process is completed.
If you are a contractor and you are interested in working with the Development Office, you can download the following forms to be considered for future projects:
Click here for more information about our Housing Rehabilitation Program.