- Five-Year Consolidated Plan 2016 - 2021
- Plan & Dev Home
- Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs
- Housing Repair Emergencies
- Hardest Hit Blight Elimination Program
- Lead Safe Lansing
- Priority Areas
- Historic Preservation Program
- Down Payment Assistance
- Home Buyer Program
- Hold On To Your Home
- Homeownership Initiative
- Protect Yourself From Mortgage Fraud
- Other Related Programs
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program
- NSP 1 Quarterly Reports
- Fair Housing Documents
- Contact Us
Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs
You may qualify for our program Grants up to $10,000! Click on the picture below to learn more about the Single Family Housing Rehabilitation Grant and Loan Program. For more information call the City of Lansing Development Office 517-483-4040.
The City of Lansing's Development Office uses funding made available by the Department of Housing and Urban Development to provide a combination of grants and 0% interest loans for City residents to improve their homes through housing rehabilitation and/or repair of life threatening emergencies.
You may qualify for the Single Family Rehabilitation Programs if all five of the requirements are met:
- You own and occupy your single-family home as your sole place of residence for a minimum of one year.
- You must be the recorded owner of the property.
- The home cannot be located in a floodway or flood plain.
- Your house payments, property insurance, and property taxes must be current, and have been current for at least one year prior to application.
- Total household income may not exceed the income guideline in effect for the program year.
Funds must be used to correct code related structural, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, lead-based paint hazards and other health and safety violations as a priority. Funds may then be used for weatherization and energy efficiency.
Examples of Eligible Improvements Include:
- furnace, boiler, and water heater replacement
- roof replacement
- windows, siding and trim
- sewer, sanitary and supply line replacement
- correction of electrical hazards
- handicap access, including grab bars, ramps, etc.
Grants up to $10,000! Zero Percent Interest Loans up to $30,000 more.
- The first $10,000 will be a grant which does not need to be repaid
- $10,001.00 - $20,000.00 will be a 10 year forgivable loan
- $20,001.00 - $40,000.00 will be a 20 year forgivable loan
The loan becomes due and payable in full if you vacate, sell, transfer or assign any legal or equitable interest in your property during the compliance period.
You may fill out our application form and read our program flyer
Home repairs are completed by independent contractors who are licensed and insured. Contractors are selected after a sealed bid process is completed.
If you are a contractor and you are interested in working with the Development Office, you can download the following forms to be considered for future projects:
Click here for more information about our Housing Rehabilitation Program.
Click herefor more information about the EPA Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Law.