Where Michigan Works!

City of Lansing

Welcome. Please contact me if I can help you in any way.

-Mayor Virg Bernero

Mayor Virg Bernero
Text Size:

Development Office back

Homeowner Rehabilitation Programs

Each year homeowners who own and occupy their own single family home receive assistance from the City. Loans are provided to low and moderate income city residents to address code related and other rehabilitation needs.

You may qualify for the Single Family Rehabilitation Programs if all four of the requirements are met:

  1. You live in your home as owner/occupant. The structure cannot be used for rental purposes.
  2. Your home is not located in the flood plain (call 483-4066 M-F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM to get flood plain information).
  3. Your house payments, property insurance, and property taxes are paid up to date.
  4. Your total household income is not greater than the income guideline for the applicable household size.
  • It includes income received for the support of minor children, such as social security, child support, etc.
  • You do not have to include income earned by dependant, full-time students over the age of 18, or income earned by children under the age of 18.
  • This does not apply if the 18+ year-old student does not live with their legal guardian.
  • Proof of full-time student status must be provided in order to have any income earned by this household member deducted from the total annual household income.

You may also fill out our online form here to be considered for our waiting list, and then read our program flier here!


Home repairs are completed by independent contractors who are licensed and insured.  Contractors are selected after a sealed bid process is completed.

If you are a contractor and you are interested in working with the Development Office, you can download the following forms to be considered for future projects:

Click here for more information about our Housing Rehabilitation Program.

Section 3 Business Concerns

Click here for more information about the EPA Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Law.

Bob Johnson
316 N Capitol Ave
Suite D-2
Lansing, MI 48933

Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM