Property Tax Information
2015 Property Taxes
City of Lansing offices will be open President's Day-Monday, February 15th.
Winter 2015 property taxes were mailed December 1st and are due on Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
*****Important Postmark Deadline Change Information*****
Due to recent changes by the U.S. Postal Service in the handling of Lansing mail, the City of Lansing no longer accepts postmarks for on-time payment.
All payments must be in our office or in our drop box on Capitol Avenue on or before 5:00 p.m., February 16th to avoid the 3% penalty.
Please allow sufficient time for your check to go through the postal system to arrive in the Treasurer’s Office on or before February 16th. Payments received or postmarked after the due date will incur a 3% penalty.
Payment Options are available here
If you still owe taxes for 2014 or prior click here for Delinquent Property Tax Information.
You may check your property taxes on-line.
Property Tax Calculation
- Multiplying the taxable value of the property by the millage rates
- Multiply total by 1% for the administration fee, add to the total
- Add any special assessments, recycling fee and/or any miscellaneous charges
Types of Property Tax: Real & Personal
- Home owners are typically responsible for real property tax
- Real property tax bills begin with 23, 33, 91, 96 or 97
- Business owners located in Lansing may be responsible for real and personal property tax
- Personal property tax bills begin with 90
- OPRA tax bills begin with 94
- Industrial Facility tax bills begin with 95
- Mailed on July 1st of each year - Due August 31st of that year
- Any outstanding balance at September 1st will receive a one-time penalty of 3%
- Any outstanding balance as of October 31st will be placed on the winter tax bill
- Mailed on December 1st of each year - Due on February 14th of the following year
- Any outstanding amount at February 15th will receive a one-time penalty of 3%
- March 1st: Outstanding real property tax amounts will be sent to the appropriate County as delinquent for continued collection efforts