- Warrant List
- Civil Division
- Criminal Division
- Methods of Payment
- Probation Department
- Traffic Division
- Jury Duty
- Fines, Fees and Costs
- Court Closures
- Sobriety Court
- Local Administrative Orders
- Contact Us
Probation is a sentence granted by the judge that allows the offender to live in the community under the supervision of a probation officer. The primary function of the Probation Department is to supervise probationers to ensure they comply with the terms and conditions of the court's order.
The Probation Department serves adult offenders (17 or older at the time of charge) who have been sentenced in the 54-A District Court. The maximum term of probation in District Court is two years.
Probation Officers provide judges with a presentence report that contains sentence recommendations. These reports involve investigating the offender's background, behavior, and potential for success on probation status.
If sentenced to probation, to successfully complete probation it is suggested that you:
- Follow the terms stated on your probation order
- Be honest with your probation officer
- Be punctual for all appointments
- Appear for all scheduled appointments and court appearances
- Inform your probation officer of any changes regarding your address, phone number, employment, living situations, legal status, other court dates
- Avoid associating with people who engage in any illegal activity
|Weiland, Matthew||2nd Thurs 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||3rd Thurs 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||4th Thurs 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30|
1st Mon 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30
|2nd Mon 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||3rd Mon 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30|
|Grys, Michael||2nd Tues 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||3rd Tues 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||4th Tuesday 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30|
|King, Cynthia||2nd Weds 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||3rd Weds 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||4th Weds 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30|
|Ledesma, Mario||1st Thurs 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||2nd Thurs 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30||3rd Thurs 8:30-11:30 & 1-4:30|
NOTE: Occasionally report days may be changed due to scheduled vacations or holidays. Probation Officers make every attempt to notify the probationer at their monthly report times of change in report days.
You may listen to these report days as an option on the voice menu. Call the main Probation number at 517-483-4424 and choose "Report Days."
Other Ingham County Probation Departments
- 54B District Court Probation, E. Lansing 517-351-7026
- 55th District Court Probation, Mason 517-676-8422
- 30th Circuit Court Probation, 303 W. Kalamazoo, Suite 90, Lansing MI 48933, 517-483-6100 (Serves adults whose offense is a felony or high misdemeanor adjudication)
- Ingham County Family Court, Lansing 517-483-6105 (Serves juveniles whose offense occurred in Ingham County)
- Ingham County Parole Office, Lansing 517-334-8288 (Provides supervision to adult offenders upon release from prison)