- About Parks & Rec
- Community Events
- Lansing Park Board
- Citizen Advisory Board
- Register for Programs
- Employment/Internship Opportunities
- Foster Community Center
- Gier Community Center
- Letts Community Center
- Alfreda Schmidt Southside Community Center
- Community Center Hours
- Turner Dodge House
- Fenner Nature Center
- Groesbek Golf Course
- First Tee Sycamore Driving Range
- Municipal Cemeteries
- Cemetery Rule Book
- Cemetery Rates
- Grave Site Locations
- Facility Rentals
- Facility/Park Maps
- Grand River Park Marina
- River Trail
- Sponsorship & Volunteer
- Special Event Planning
- Lifetime Sports (Adult/Youth)
- Staff Contact
Educational Group Tours
Under the guidance of a staff naturalist, your students will explore the fields, forests, and wetlands of Fenner Nature Center to observe the lessons of nature first hand. Ask about the possibility of an extended day program so you can work with your students in the arts, social studies, language arts, or other areas of your curriculum, while we conduct the science lesson.
Our programs meet the Michigan Educational Standards for your students in the areas of Science and Social Studies.
Let us work with you to find a program that will fit into your current curriculum.
The programs suggest topics, but we will be glad to adjust programs to different grade levels or work with you to develop a customized program for your classroom.
Ask about our Outreach programs which brings Fenner Nature Centure to your classroom.
- $30 per preschool classroom for onsite programs
- $40 per elementary classroom for onsite programs.
- $50 per classroom for outreach programs (maximum 10 miles)
- $60 per classroom for outreach programs (maximum 30 miles)