- Citizens' Police Academy
- Crime Mapping
- ALARM Information
- Phone Directory
- Uniform Patrol Division
- Investigations Division
- Staff Services Division
- Recruiting & Hiring INFO
- Cold Cases
- Document Library
- Board of Police Commissioners
- Police Explorer Post 911
- Public Information Officer
- Report a Neighborhood Problem
- Specialized Units
- Join The Team Television Show
- Photo Gallery
- Guns for Groceries
- Special Efforts
- Capital Area Response Effort (CARE)
- 911 Center
- Hope Scholarship
- Frequently Asked Questions
- LPD Links
- Ingham County TRIAD
On Line Crime Reporting
Lansing Police Department's online crime reporting system offers Lansing citizens another way to report specific, non-emergency crimes that do not require an immediate police response.
If you have an Emergency or require immediate police response, call 911.
Certain criteria must be met for the use of the online crime reporting system:
- The incident must be non-emergency (does not require immediate police response)
- The reporting party must be at least 17 years of age.
- No known suspect(s) or evidence.
- Not involve firearms/weapons.
- Not traffic crash-related.
Crimes that are eligible for reporting online include:
- Larceny, malicious destruction of property (MDOP), and retail fraud with no suspect or evidence, where the value is under $1,000 and no Law
- Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) entry is required.
- Attempted Breaking and Entering (B&E) of unoccupied buildings, including garages and unoccupied residence or foreclosed houses.
- Identification thefts when the victim was not financially harmed or the financial institution has reimbursed the victim for monetary loss.
- Frauds or unauthorized credit card use when the venue of the crime is outside the City of Lansing.
- Harassing communication
- Lost property
As with all crime reports received by telephone or in-person, reports filed through the online system will be reviewed by an Investigations Division command officer and assigned to investigative or patrol personnel for appropriate follow-up.