- Fire Marshal's Office
- Code Compliance
- Fire Suppression
- Fire Stations
- Contact an Inspector
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Maintenance Division
- Training Division
- Exit Drills
- Fire Heating Safety
- Fire Extinguishers
- Emergency Communication
Maintenance & Alarm
The Maintenance & Alarm Division is responsible for keeping daily functions of the fire department supplied and operating. All facets of LFD operations require: equipment, gear and tools. All with no delay in availability. That equipment is purchased, maintained, certified and / or delivered through this division.
Sample Duties Include
- Testing and maintenance of 130 Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
- Testing and maintenance of 415 air cylinders.
- Testing and maintenance of 36,000 feet of fire hose annually.
- Testing and maintenance of all ground ladders.
- Testing and maintenance of 79 Radio Box alarms that protect 120 downtown buildings.
- Provide logistical support during emergency operations.
- Maintain and repair phone, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems for all department buildings.
- Snow removal for all Fire Stations.
These tasks are completed by working with the administration, training and suppression divisions. Maintenance works with various, apparatus, medical, technical and safety committees to ensure that all aspects of safety and function are addressed. The goal is to ensure that the right equipment is purchased, tested and available for use at Lansing Fire.
Chief of Maintenance William Oberst
Contact the Maintenance Division by email: email@example.com