- Metro Lansing Fire Departments
- Fire Stations
- Emergency Medical Services
- Training Division
- Maintenance & Alarm Division
- Fire Suppression
- Fire Marshal's Office
- Contact an Inspector/Investigator
- Recreational Burning
- Fire Safety
- Juvenile Fire Setters
- Fire Marshal's FAQs
- Code Enforcement
- Emergency Management
- Notify Me
- Working Together
Maintenance & Alarm Division
The Maintenance & Alarm Division is responsible for keeping daily functions of the fire department supplied and operating. All facets of LFD operations require: equipment, gear and tools. All with no delay in availability. That equipment is purchased, maintained, certified and / or delivered through this division.
Sample Duties Include
- Testing and maintenance of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
- Testing and maintenance of air cylinders.
- Testing and maintenance of fire hose annually.
- Testing and maintenance of all ground ladders.
- Purchase, repair and maintain personal protective equipment
- Provide logistical support for various day to day operations as well as during emergency operations.
- Provide lawn care needs and snow removal for all Fire Stations.
These tasks are completed by working with the administration, training and suppression divisions. Maintenance works with various apparatus, medical, technical and safety committees to ensure that all aspects of safety and functionality are addressed. The goal is to ensure that the right equipment is purchased, tested and available for use at Lansing Fire.
Chief of Maintenance Jwan Randle
Contact the Maintenance Division by email: email@example.com