Low Income Assistance
Free Secure One-on-One financial counseling services:
They will help with budgeting, access to banking services and credit history repair.
Schedule your appointment now!
Or call 211 and ask for the Financial Empowerment Center counselors
Assistance with Income tax Return Preparations
- Individuals or families with an income of $53,000 or less
- Make an appointment with an IRS Certified Volunteer Preparer
- Dial 211 or 866-561-2500
- Indivdiuals or families with an income of $58,000 or less
- Do you your taxes from home or anywhere
- Click Lansing Free Taxes for more information.
Sewer Credit for Low Income Families
The City has a goal of reducing sewer rates for families living below the poverty level.
Home Ownership Counseling
There are several agencies in our area that provide home ownership counseling and foreclosure assistance. Download this Resources PDF for a list of local agencies and online resources or visit the Home Ownership Preservation Foundation website for more information.