General Park Rules
The Lansing Parks and Recreation Department staff, the residents of Lansing, and all park users will appreciate everyone's help in keeping Lansing's parks and public facilities in good condition. Please report any problems, defacing of property, and damage to the Parks and Recreation Department during regular weekday hours by calling (517) 483-4277 between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, or to the park caretaker or Lansing Police Department (517) 483-7600 if there is a situation requiring immediate attention.
- No one shall willfully annoy someone else, recklessly endanger the life, health, or well-being of another person, or obstruct anyone's free or uninterrupted passage on any street or sidewalk or in any public place.
- Alcoholic beverages are not to be sold, consumed, or possessed in an open container except in certain parks when a specific license has been granted.
- It is unlawful for anyone to use or possess a controlled substance
- People shall not enter or remain in an area where access has be restricted or closed.
- Loud, unnecessary, or unusual noise is not permitted. This includes amplified music that annoys, disturbs, injures, or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace, or safety of others.
- Trash, litter, etc. is to be placed in appropriate containers; everyone's help in keeping public areas clean will be appreciated.
- Acts of prostitution or engagement in any other lewd or immoral conduct is prohibited.
- Firearms, air rifles, bows and arrows, slingshots, crossbows, or other dangerous weapons are not permitted.
- Trees, shrubs, flowers, and other plants may not be removed, broken, cut, or trimmed without written authorization.
- Motorized vehicles may be operated and parked only in areas intended and designated for such use. Do not park vehicles in the grass or drive your vehicle off the roadway to unload.
- Animals are not allowed where prohibited and posted.
- Dogs, when permitted, are to be restrained by a leash no longer than six (6) feet and of adequate strength. (Dogs are not permitted in Frances Park Garden Area). Dogs are permitted on leash on the Lansing River Trail.
- Peddling and soliciting is prohibited in parks except by special written permit.
- Fires are permitted only in picnic grills or designated areas. Grills are not to be placed on tables.
- The City of Lansing is not responsible for accidents, injury, or lossof park users' property.
- Signs of any kind may not be posted. Frances, Moores, and Hunter, & Washington Parks each have only one pavilion.