Treasurers and Income Tax Office
Thank you for visiting the Treasury and Income Tax website. Please review the information listed below to assist you in visiting our site.
Depending on the property tax question, you may find the answer in the Assessor's site or in my property tax site. Please read the descriptions below to guide you to the right place. Income tax information is available through this site.
Treasurer/Income Tax Administrator
Tax and False Alarm Payments
You can pay your Income Tax & False Alarm fees online by credit card or electronic check.
- Determine Assessed Value for property
- Homestead Exemption and Property Transfer Affidavits
- Ownership and address changes
- Parcel splits
- Personal Property taxes for business owners
- Collection of Real and Personal Property Tax
- Tax amount and payment information
- Michigan Property Tax credit information - taxable value and school district code
- On-Line Information: Tax payments, taxable value, school district codes, history of sales prices and more
- On-line and phone payment information for property taxes
- Collection and auditing of Income Tax returns for City of Lansing Resident, Non-Residents and Businesses.
- Employer withholding of employee income tax
- On-line withholding system
- Collection of tax revenue for the City
- Deposit and safekeeping of City funds, monies and securities
- Collection of special assessments, nuisance fees, diversion program fees and trash cart payments
- False Alarms
- Assistance with Income Tax return preparations for families with an income of $47,000 and less, please call 211
- Free on-line Federal and State Income tax filing for families making $57,000 please follow this link Please note, you will still need to file a City of Lansing tax return.
- Foreclosure assistance
- Sewer Refund Credit
- Other valuable information.
For more information please visit: www.assetindependencecoalition.org