- Collection Days & Routes
- Trash Cart, Trash Bag & Bulk Item Services
- Recycling Services
- Yard Waste Services
- Calendar, Holidays & Events
- Recycling Education & Outreach
- Information and Resources
- Common Questions
- Pay Bill Online
- Contact Us
- Return to Public Service Department Page
Commercial Recycling Program
In an effort to provide an affordable option for businesses to help meet their recycling and sustainability goals CART offers convenient, "single stream" weekly recycling service to businesses located in the City of Lansing. Single stream recycling will be provided, which means that there is no sorting required, all materials go into the same container, making recycling very easy.
Cost is $47.00/quarter (3 months) which includes 96 gallon wheeled cart with lid, weekly collection service, and expert advice. Additional carts are available for $25.00/quarter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CART office at 517-483-4400 to sign up!
For additional information including a list of materials accepted download our Business Guide to Recycling flyer.
- Paper: Includes office paper, junk mail, envelopes, file folders, greeting cards, etc.
- Newspapers: Includes advertisements and inserts.
- Magazines & Catalogs: Includes glossy fillers or mailers.
- Corrugated cardboard: Please do not clog carts.
- Boxboard: Commonly used in dry food and cereal boxes, shoe boxes and other similar packaging.
- Paper Grocery Bags
- Glass: Transparent and translucent food and beverage bottles and containers. Paper labels are acceptable as are rings and lids on glass containers. All colors of glass are accepted, including green.
- Tin/Steel Cans: Food and beverage containers. All sizes, paper labels are acceptable.
- Scrap Metal: Includes metal pots and pans, metal trays, metal bakeware, toasters, metal utensils, etc. Empty aerosol containers will be accepted. No wire hangers.
- Aluminum: Used beverage containers and foil clean of food.
- Plastic Bottles and Containers: #1, #2, #4, #5, #6, #7 (NO #3 PVC or styrofoam)
- Bulky Rigid Plastic: Buckets, chairs, toys, bins, barrels, etc. Look for HDPE symbol.
- Cartons: Includes milk cartons, juice cartons and boxes, etc.
- Telephone Books
- Gift wrapping paper: No ribbons or bows