Commercial Plan Review
The Building Safety Office is now performing Plan Reviews electronically. We will accept paper document submissions; however, additional fees will apply. To begin the electronic plan review process, the Design Professional of Record shall make a request for a registration packet to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive further information once you have made your request.
- Design Professional's Electronic Seal and Signature Requirements
- Electronic Plan Review Documents Submittal Recommendations
- Design Professional Email Packet
- Flattening [PDF]
- Registered Design Professional Form [PDF]
The City of Lansing enforces the 2012 Michigan Building Code (incorporating the 2012 International Building Code with State amendments) for commercial and multi-family structures. The State amendments can be found at the Bureau of Construction Codes at the following link.
- Plan Review Application [PDF]
- Building Permit Fee Schedule [PDF]
- Plan Review Fee Calculation Narrative [PDF]
- Square Foot Construction Value [PDF]
- Uploading Documents for Plan Review on AMG
Please note that plan review fees are rounded up to the next whole dollar (see narrative).
New buildings and additions larger than 1,000 square feet require a Site Plan Review as well as a Building Plan Review. Please consult the Site Plan Review page for further information.
If you would like to appeal the decision of an Inspector or Plan Review Analyst, obtain a variance from a code requirement, or use an alternative method or material, you must file an appeal with the Building Board of Appeals.
Click this link Building Appealsto get the application in PDF format. Print the appeals form, complete it, and submit the form including any required attachments along with the required fee (payable to "City of Lansing") to the Building Safety Office.