DISTRICT COURT DEPUTY CLERK - CRIMINAL/TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT
STARTING SALARY: $26,707 (increase at six months and 1 year)
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, retirement benefits
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs intermediate-level clerical work of some complexity and variety requiring independent judgment and decision-making based on knowledge of criminal and traffic case processing. Work is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Open, update and close criminal case files, prepare file folders, maintain registers of actions.
- Create and update criminal and traffic case records in JIS case management system.
- Process payments for tickets, fees, assessments and other court costs.
- Schedule hearings and appearances according to established procedures.
- Provide telephone assistance to the public regarding cases, schedules, fines and related matters.
- Process civil infractions and traffic misdemeanors in case management system.
- Send notices, prepare and cancel bench warrants, suspend driver licenses as authorized.
- Process and distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail.;
- Maintain confidential information acquired in course of employment with the Court.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year experience in a court or law office
- Advanced coursework in paralegal studies or related subject matter highly preferred
- Ability to type 50 wpm and pass basic clerical skills assessment
- Release of information for criminal background and employment history checks
- Experience with J.I.S., L.E.I.N., S.O.S. databases highly preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the individual through assistance or on their own to walk, sit, stand, carry, bend, lift, talk, hear, see and perform repetitive hand/arm movements requiring finger dexterity.
TO APPLY: Submit a 54-A District Court Employment application*, resume and letter of interest to:
Mary K. Kelly, Deputy Court Administrator
54-A District Court
124 W. Michigan Ave, 6th Floor
Lansing, MI 48933
*The application form is below. Applications must be downloaded and mailed to the above address, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to (517) 483-4478. Note: applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the District Court at (517) 483-4443.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2015
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION: 54-A District Court Employment Application.
The 54-A District Court is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its policies or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, height, weight, arrest record or handicap of any individual.