How to Obtain a License
For information on obtaining a marriage license in Ingham County, please contact the Ingham County Clerk's Office at (517) 483-6424, located at 313 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI. The Court does not issue the marriage licenses and you must bring a valid marriage license to get married at the Court.
How to Schedule a Wedding
Anyone who wishes to be married at the 54-A District Court will need to call the Magistrate's clerk for an appointment at (517) 483-4430.
A District Court Judge may perform marriages within the district for which he or she serves, unless appointed as a visiting judge to act outside the district. However, the Magistrate performs marriage ceremonies at 54-A District Court on a regular basis.
- Weddings are conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Check in 10 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled ceremony time.
What to Bring to the Marriage Ceremony
- A valid State of Michigan Marriage License.
- Two witnesses over the age of 18.
- $10 marriage fee (pay at the Civil Division window). There is a $10 fee to have a Judge perform a marriage ceremony.