How to Obtain a License
Marriage licenses are issued by the Ingham County Clerk's Office at (517) 483-6424, located at 313 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI. That office will answer all questions about marriage licenses. The Court does not issue the license, but you must bring a valid marriage license with you to get married at the Court.
How to Schedule a Wedding
If you wish to be married at the 54-A District Court, call the Magistrate's clerk for an appointment at (517) 483-4430.
• Weddings are conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Check in at the Civil Department 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
What to Bring to the Marriage Ceremony
- A valid State of Michigan Marriage License.
- Two witnesses over the age of 18.
- $10 marriage fee, paid at the Civil Department counter prior to the ceremony.