There are many opportunities for our residents to help make Lansing a better place to live, work and raise a family. From volunteering to serve on a citizen board or commission to getting involved in your local Neighborhood Watch group, we encourage you to get involved and make a difference!
City Boards and Commissions
More than two dozen city boards and commissions help advise city leaders on key policy decisions that impact the quality of life in our community. Positions on these boards are generally appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council. Visit the Boards and Commissions page for more information and to download an application!
- Boards and Commissions 2014 [PDF]
- List of Board and Commission's [PDF]
- City Board or Commission Application
Working together, neighbor to neighbor, to make our community safer is what Neighborhood Watch is all about. Visit our Neighborhood Watch page to learn how you can get involved in an existing organization or start a new one!
Live Green Lansing
The City of Lansing is committed to becoming a national leader in energy conservation and the sustainable use of resources. Visit lansingmi.gov/livegreen to learn how you can help make Lansing cleaner and greener.
Northtown Neighborhood Organization More than fifty neighborhood organizations are actively engaged in working together to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods. Visit our Neighborhood Organizations page for a list of active groups and more information on how you can get involved.
Friends of Lansing Parks
Neighborhood parks are one of our city's greatest assets. You can help make them even better by getting involved in a Friends of Lansing Parks organization. Visit our Friends page to learn more about how you can make a difference for your neighborhood park.
Lansing Neighborhood Associations:
- Averill Woods Neighborhood Association
- Churchill Downs Neighborhood Association
- Colonial Village Neighborhood Association
- Foster Your Neighborhood
- Holmes Street School Community Neighborhood Association
- Lansing-Eaton Neighborhood Organization(LENO)
- Lansing Neighborhood Council
- Lewton Rich Neighborhood Asssociation
- Moores Park Neighborhood Association
- Northtown Neighborhood Organization
- Northwest Initiative
- South Lansing Community Development Association
- Westside Neighborhood Association