Fleet Services Division
Responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment owned by the city.
The Public Service Garage
525 E South St. Lansing, Michigan
- The main function of the facility is to service the fleet operations for scheduled maintenance and/or repairs for the City's vehicles
- The garage maintains a fleet of approximately 482 pieces of equipment including 179 trucks of various sizes ranging from light-duty pickups to heavy-duty vehicles with weight ratings up to 65,000 pounds
- The layout of the Service Garage facility consists of an "L" shape design with a main garage floor 80 feet wide by 120 feet in length, with one drive through bay 80 feet in length
- The upper section of the facility accommodates 10 service bays and a welding shop 32 feet in length
- The lower section of the facility provides for two "sweeper repair bays," a storage bay for access to bulk oils, greases and oil dry compounds, etc.
- The remaining part of the building is a body shop / paint booth 45 feet wide by 25 feet in length
- The facility also has two in ground vehicle hoist with lifting capability of 36,000 lbs and one in ground hoist with lifting capability of 54,000 lbs.