- Current Traffic Advisories
- CART: Capital Area Trash and Recycling
- Biking and Walking the City
- SeeClickFix and Nixle
- Wet Weather Control Program
- CSO Project
- Basement Backup Protection Program
- The Construction Observer
- Contact Us
Capital Community Bike Share
Linking you to your community
Capital Community Bike Share is a service where bicycles are available for rent from designated locations in the Lansing area on a short term basis.
The goal of bike sharing is to provide a transportation option for short distance, short duration trips.
Capital Community Bike Share (CCBS) is partnered with A2B Bikeshare to provide accessible and affordable transportation to the City of Lansing. The pilot program began in Spring of 2013 and will continue in Spring of 2014. CCBS will soon expand into a full-sized system.
A2B provides "smart bikes" to the Capital Community Bike Share. Their system integrates hardware and software components to connect people to transportation. Every Bike that is rented has a touchscreen interface mounted securely on the handlebars. The renters use the touchscreen to easily rent the bikes, navigate their way to their destination and see points of interest during their ride.
Bike Rack Locations
- Corner of Grand River Avenue and Turner Street in Old Town
- City Hall plaza
- City Market
- The Stadium District
- The 700, 1400 and 2000 blocks of East Michigan Avenue
- Sparrow Hospital
- Corner of Washington Avenue and South Street in REO Town